Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Haikus fom Nashville

1.
At the store I thought
that I saw you twice and hoped
I could bring you home.

2.
I bought some blue paint
for my bedroom that scares me.
Sleeping with lights on.

3.
My fear of the dark
was easily healed when you
would cocoon my spine.

4.
I love being here
in this fucking heat and not
knowing anyone.

5.
Mom makes soy meatballs
and invites more people here
but I miss you most.

6.
I liked the way you
looked at me the last night we
could spend together.

5 comments:

Kirsi said...

harhar i like the second one. XD

is the "you" me? winkwink

Squid said...

oh of course. I only write haius for you darling. hehe.

James said...

these are all lovely! i'm sorry it took me so long to read them. you little poet, you.

Squid said...

not a poet, just bored and like how conscise haikus are...hardly even a writer...hmm I'm happy with being a tattoo artist.

James said...

speaking of which, i'm working on finding a quill pen design i like!!