Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Things I LOVE

I love...
that Barack Obama is our new president.
How an election can give me hope and something to believe in
How Sarah Palin will no longer be hailed as a beacon to represent women, giving all of womanhood a bad name.

How Ruth sings "Because" by the Beatles every time she takes a shower and I can hear her while doing homework in my room.
How Ruth is my best friend and sister who supports me when I say I want to be everything I'm incapable of being.
How Ruth compulsively buys jewelry and googles fabrigee eggs.

How Jon continues to find new ways to call me a lesbian whore.

How Esme smells.
How Esme will move to snuggle closer when I turn in my sleep.
How Esme leaves fur all over my bed.
How Esme will wiggle her way between me and whoever else sleeps next to me.

How it smells outside in the fall. Crisp is the only word I can think of to describe it.
Halloween.
Sitting on my roof with someone who promises to call in the morning, whether he does or not.

Feeling loved.
Being in love.
Not being lonely.

Dancing in the kitchen.
Making vegan pancakes on Sunday mornings.
Kissing.

Listening to an ex boyfriend beg for me back after I've finally moved on, so I can say "No." over and over.

Drinking whiskey.
Reading good writing.
Reading "Love Poem" by Paul Guest.

Fantasizing about being beautiful.

When I have realistic dreams.
When I remember my dreams.

Learning, believe it or not.

Northstar veggie burgers.

Billboards that say "BUSY!?!?!"

Drinking a glass of merlot while smoking a cigarette.

Mostly I love love.

This is just a list of things to sew me back together...sometimes I need to remind myself.

2 comments:

James said...

i think you hit the nail on the head with this one. also, let's hang out again soon! also: CHOPAN?!?!?

Squid said...

hahaha. I should've put on the list "all of James's isms."