Friday, May 30, 2008

Baby-sitting

“Tell me about yourself.” He leans back in a pink faux-fur, plush chair. “No, seriously, I want to know.”

I’d be more privy to relent information if my hands weren’t duct taped to the arms of a chair facing him. Or at least if my ankles weren’t taped to the legs of the chair.

“Darling, speak, please.”

“I’m twenty-four and I work in a pet store on 8th avenue.”

“Good. But I’ve been watching you on and off for twenty years now. I knew that.”

“Well, what do you want me to say?”

“No. No. No. It’s not about what I want to hear, I just want to know you.”

“Right.”

“Think of it like a confessional. It doesn’t matter what you say here because we’ll both be dead in a few minutes.”

I nod my head and eye the revolver he has across his lap.

“So. Tell me anything.” The way he looked at me, I knew what he wants me to say.

“The first time I felt a penis I was four.”

“Now, that’s what I like to hear! Keep going.”

“He was my baby sitter and I accidentally walked in on him using the bathroom. He saw me before I turned around, terrified.”

“If I have to keep prompting you to finish the story I’m going to get angry.”

“When he came out of the bathroom, I was in front of the TV watching cartoons. ‘Do you like what you saw’ he said. I didn’t know how to answer. I felt like I was in trouble. ‘Don’t be scared’ he said. Then he picked me up by my arm and dragged me to the bedroom. He pulled my hair and I saw fistfuls of dark brown curls fall to the floor. He pressed my face into the bed and pulled up my skirt.”

“This is where the story gets good.”

“Right.” I said.

“Keep going.”

“He moved my underwear to one side and pushed all of himself into a place I didn’t know I had. I remember it hurting and screaming for anyone to help. He pressed my face harder into the mattress.”

“I see.” He smirked and moved from the pink chair. He held the gun limp in his hands and came over to me. “And did you miss me all of these years?”

His breath was hot in my face. I turned my head as he used the gun to pull my skirt up.

“Because I missed you.”

2 comments:

James said...

creepy!! very well done. that's a lot of tension and a real clean resolution for a short passage.

Squid said...

thanks...I think it's just creepy...I don't even remember what all it says because I don't want to re-read it. bleh.