Saturday, July 19, 2008

This is just a blog with no artistic value.

I have post batman depression. I can't think of anything I feel like doing besides watching batman again.

I LOVE BATMAN

I'm not just jumping on the Heath Ledger bandwagon either. (Even though he totally stole the show in that movie because he was by far the best character) I've seen ALL of the batman movies many times. As pathetic as it sounds, some days I just like to sit in my room and have a batman marathon and watch all of them back to back.

I could go on and on proclaiming my love for batman...Christian Bale being my favorite. He put Michael Keaton to shame.

anyway, the point of this isn't to dote on batman. If there is anything I learned from Jon and Ruth babbling about writing it is that every time you put something in words you have to put something at stake. What is my batman obsession's deeper meaning?

Could be a deep seeded desire for a man in pleather and odd sleeping habits. Could be an attempt to impose myself in a fantasy world where I feel protected by a winged (and sexxxy) man). Could be a fascination with echo location.

Whatever it may be, I am bat shit crazy (excuse me I mean guano crazy) for batman.

6 comments:

Angel Surdin said...

I love Batman, too. I haven't see the most recent but I'll see it when I get to NY next week. If I can wait.

I have a particular fondness for Superman as well. I'm always torn. (I've written about this before.) In the end, Superman would always be there and Batman would break my heart. But still.

I see nothing wrong with writing to simply declare your love/lust for Batman. I mean, sometimes a girl just can't help it.

Kirsi said...

Personally, I prefer Batman over Superman. I think that Superman is too clean-cut. I like Batman's dark edginess, combined with a sad loneliness. and i want to be his cure to that loneliness. and i like his muscles; i am particularly fond of shoulders. i direct you to this photo of hayden christensen in revenge of the sith. http://www.desiringhayden.net/images/albums/rots/fullscreencaps/06/rotsfullscreen545.jpg

i'm going to stop being gross now. :O

Rachel said...

I'm going to see The Dark Knight tonight, I'm super excited.

I've always loves Batman as well.

Particulartly early 90's Batmans. They were the best.

misanthropic bastard said...

I don't know. I don't think anyone could really hold Superman's attention. What if you suddenly have some deep insight into the universe or the next season of LOST and right in the middle of your denouement, Superman hears some dog yelping over in Montpelier because it's being kicked by a black hat?
I mean sure he'd be right back, and probably bring syrup, but your conversation just got interrupted by a dog your boyfriend's never seen.

Batman would be interested in you. Batman would listen to you.
Always. With robots.

Squid said...

agreed. batman beats all, especially superman.

James said...

Wolverine fulfills my need for a man with a hairy chest. And claws of Adamantium.